Union Biometrica, Inc. to exhibit at the 2013 MetroFlow Meeting
This meeting will focus on polychromatic flow cytometry, with presentations by the following guest speakers:
- Carol Oxford, University of California, Davis
- Tim Bushnell, University of Rochester Medical Center
- Pratip Chattopadhyay, Vaccine Research Center, NIH
- Stephen DeRosa, University of Washington and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center
- Brent Wood, University of Washington and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
Additional information regarding the meeting is available at:http://www.metroflow.org/
Not attending the meeting? Email our technical team at email@example.com for a personalized discussion or to arrange a demonstration in your laboratory.
About Union Biometrica, Inc.
Union Biometrica designs and markets tools for high throughput model organism research. In addition to the VAST BioImager for automated imaging of 2-7 dpf sedated zebrafish larvae, which will be available in early 2013, we also offer Large Particle Flow Cytometers (COPAS™ and BioSorter®) for objects that are too large / too fragile for traditional cytometers and offer an alternative to manual sorting. These systems sort and dispense objects based on size and fluorescent parameters. Automating this process offers increased speed, sensitivity, quantification, and repeatability of experiments.
For examples of Stem Cell and Cell Cluster screens - including hiPS and embryoid bodies as well as other types of large cells / cell clusters including adipocytes, neurospheres, duct cells and pancreatic islets – please see:http://www.unionbio.com/publications/publication.aspx?id=39
Peer reviewed journal papers referencing the sorting of model organisms using our COPAS™ and BioSorter® instruments can be viewed using the links below.
- C. elegans (roundworms) -http://www.unionbio.com/publications/publication.aspx?id=30
- D. melanogaster (fruit fly) - http://www.unionbio.com/publications/publication.aspx?id=31
D. rerio (zebrafish) -http://www.unionbio.com/publications/publication.aspx?id=32