Union Biometrica, Inc. to exhibit at CYTO 2014 in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Join Rico Bongaarts for his presentation entitled: Flow cytometry for large and delicate sample types
Sunday, May 18, 2014 from 12:30-13:45pm in Room 317/318.
We invite you to learn more about our technologies by viewing the following poster presentations:
· Abstract Title: New technology for automating the handling and orientation of zebrafish larvae for image collection - VAST BioImager and LP Sampler.
First Author: Rock Pulak
Topic Category: Automated Microscopy
Program Number: 153
Poster Board Number: B15
· Abstract Title: Analysis and intact sorting of large delicate cells — mammalian adipocytes and plant protoplasts.
First Author: Rock Pulak
Topic Category: Cell Sorting and Selection
Program Number: 177
Poster Board Number: B39
· Abstract Title: A new method for fungal genetics: flow cytometry of microencapsulated filamentous microcolonies
First Author: Rico Bongaarts
Program Number: 395
Poster Board Number: B257
About Union Biometrica, Inc.
Large Particle Flow Cytometry for Gentle Sorting -- Union Biometrica offers tools for high throughput research of bead based assays, stem cells and cell clusters (iPS cells and embryoid bodies as well as other types of large cells / cell clusters) plus model organisms (early stages of zebrafish, C.elegans, Drosophila embryos and larvae, sea urchin embryos, Xenopus eggs and embryos, Daphnia, various marine larvae and zooplankton). We provide Large Particle Flow Cytometers (COPAS™ and BioSorter) for objects that are too large / too fragile for traditional cytometers and offer an alternative to manual sorting. These systems analyze and sort objects based on size and fluorescent parameters. Automating this process offers increased speed, sensitivity, quantification, and repeatability of experiments.
Peer reviewed journal papers referencing our COPAS and BioSorter instruments can be viewed using the links below.
- Flow Cytometry- D. rerio (zebrafish) - http://www.unionbio.com/publications/publication.aspx?id=32
- Cell and Cell Cluster analysis - including large delicate cells and cell clusters– are available at: http://www.unionbio.com/publications/publication.aspx?id=39.
Union Biometrica collaborates with research laboratories around the world on a broad range of applications. Application notes can be viewed at:
- Large delicate cells and cell clusters - http://www.unionbio.com/applications/notes.aspx?id=13
New Imaging Tool for Zebrafish Research -- Union Biometrica, Inc. offers the VAST BioImager, for automated imaging of 2-7 dpf zebrafish larvae. Replacing the tedium of manual sample positioning, the VAST BioImager automatically loads each larva into a capillary, positions it laterally, and then rotates it in the field of view of the on-board camera for organ level imaging. Alternately the VAST can be mounted on a high resolution upright microscope for high content bright field or fluorescent imaging at the cellular level. Our LP Sampler can be added to the system to gently aspirate larvae from multi-well plates of many different formats such as 24-, 96-, 384-well and deliver them one at a time to VAST for imaging. This allows for increased throughput of high content assays and screens.
Publications related to the VAST BioImager can be view at:
- VAST - D. rerio (zebrafish) - http://www.unionbio.com/publications/publication.aspx?id=56