COPAS Accessory Modules
A variety of optional modules are available to add specific enhanced capabilities to your COPAS Infinity system including choices of lasers, alternative sample introduction cups and our large-particle auto-sampler, the LP Samper.
COPAS Infinity can accommodate up to three excitation lasers. The 488 nm is standard excitation laser with many customers also adding a 405 nm, 561 nm or 640 nm laser. Other lasers are available; please inquire if your research requires a different excitation wavelength. If research requires different excitation/emission detection capabilities, lasers can be added in the field at a later time
Samples are introduced via a standard 50 ml conical tube (40 ml working volume) with a gentle, suspended stirring mechanism. For larger samples the optional 750 ml and 1.5 liter sample cups options are available.
COPAS Infinity with 50 ml and 750 ml stirred sample cup
OSIS Sample Introduction System
The Oscillation Sample Introduction System (OSIS) for the COPAS Infinity gently agitates samples without using mechanical stirring. OSIS samples are introduced with automated syringes that come in volumes ranging from 3 mL to 30 mL. The OSIS is designed specifically for:
- handling extremely delicate samples (mature adipocytes, plant and fungal protoplasts, etc.)
- samples that tend to either float or sink in a sample cup with normal stirring-type agitation.
- OSIS can be used with 250- and 500-micron flow cells instruments.
LP Sampler™ Autosampler
The LP Sampler is a large particle autosampler capable of sampling from multiwell plates. It is the only automated sample introduction system designed specifically for gentle handling of large, fragile objects such as:
- delicate cells/clusters (stem cell clusters, neurospheres, tumor spheroids)
- viable small multicellular model organisms (nematodes, Drosophila, zebrafish larvae)
- beads used as micro-carriers for clonal libraries
- seeds and fragile plant tissue
The LP Sampler is ideal for objects ranging from 10 to 1500 microns in diameter. It is capable of gently aspirating those samples from multiwell plates or a petri dish and delivering them intact to Union Biometrica’s COPAS FP™, COPAS Infinity, BioSorter®, COPAS VISION™ or VAST BioImager™ systems. It has the flexibility to handle a variety of standard or deep well plates including 24, 96 and 384 well formats